Once you have checked out an eBook on your library's Axis 360 website, you can read it within the Axis 360 Desktop Reader. Click the links below to find out how to download your eBook to the Desktop Reader, as well as how to navigate within the eBook.
1. Guided Zoom will guide you through the entire book in a zoomed in format. Press the Guided Zoom icon at the top of the screen to begin.
2. The screen will immediately zoom in. To navigate to the next portion of the page, click the right Guided Zoom icon (2). To go backward to the previous zoomed section, click the left Guided Zoom icon (1). To exit Guided Zoom, click on the Guided Zoom icon (3) at the top of the page. The book will return to its regular format.
1. To highlight a portion of the text, position your mouse cursor over the place you wish to begin and drag your mouse until the end of your phrase or word. When you release the mouse, a pop-up menu will appear. Click on the highlighter icon (1) and then select a color (2) for your highlight. To remove your highlight, select the red X (3).
2. To view your highlights, click on Browse & Annotate to bring up the side menu.
3. Select the highlighter icon (1) and then click on a highlight (2) to navigate directly to that portion of the text within your eBook.
1. You can search for a word or phrase using Wikipedia, Google, Bing, thefreedictionary.com, and Thesaurus.com by highlighting a word with your cursor and selecting one of the options from the associated pop-up menu. Tap on the magnifying glass to bring up the menu.
2. Select your reference option (1) from the menu and then click Go (2) to execute the search.
There are two types of text settings available for eBooks. These settings are set by the publisher and cannot be changed. To access these settings, select the text icon located in the upper right of your window.
Fixed Text Settings - The font size and page numbers within Fixed Text Settings books cannot be changed. With Fixed Text Settings books, you can choose to display two pages at once (Double Page), or just one page at a time (Single Page). If you want to view the book with the publisher's default settings, select Automatic. If you'd like your pages to electronically "curl" when you go forward or backward, select Curl.
Flow Text Settings - You can change the font size (and therefore the page numbers) for Flow Text Settings books, as well as several other options. To change the color of the book pages for easier reading, select a Color Theme. Change the Font Size by selecting a larger or smaller font. Finally, if you'd like your pages to electronically "curl" when you go forward or backward, select Curl.
Text-to-Speech is enabled for some eBooks. To see if it is enabled for the eBook you have open, click on the headphones icon in the upper right corner of the page. If it is allowed, a voice will read the eBook to you, highlighting each word as it is spoken.